Saturday, August 22, 2009

Playing With Joshua

The worst thing about being a grandma is not living close to ALL of the grandchildren. I HATE long distances! I miss out on all the small things like the first hiccup, the first tooth, the first steps and the first waving goodbye. I miss all of the great milestones achieved daily when they are so young. I miss out on the slobbery kisses and the gooey fingers reaching around my neck for a tight squeeze. I miss out on the "I love you Grandma" and the "Guess what, Grandma?" I simply, plain ‘ol miss out.

I love to play and chase my grand kids around the house. I love to jump out and scare them and chase them up the stairs and down the stairs and around the corners. I like to trick them and switch back the other direction and catch them so unexpectedly that they yell and scream and then laugh and laugh and laugh. Then, I laugh and laugh and laugh. It is simply the ultimate in PURE, PURE JOY: family.

Today is Joshua's birthday. He and I live a very long distance apart from each other. Just so Joshua may sort of know me and what I am like, here is a special video so he and I can play long distance as often as he wants. I want him to have the best birthday ever!

4 comments:

  1. Joshua does like to be scared and just laughs and laughs! Soon you'll get to chase him all the time. He loves to be played with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew what was coming and yet... I still jumped! Whew! Can't wait for Mercedes to start walking so you can chase her around too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man that scared me. I hate to think what it would do to the kids. Happy birthday Josh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure Joshua would love that. I know my kids LOVE it. You really are a SUPER fun grandma.

    ReplyDelete