Sunday, May 10, 2009

To My Mom

Because it's Mother's Day, I wanted to get something for you to let you know how much I appreciate that you are MY mom.

First, I made a Mother's Day card for you. I wrote that I am grateful you are my mom. But, I didn't get it mailed in time.


Then, I made a bouquet of flowers for you. They remind me of how you taught me to sew and be craftsy. But, I think the flowers would be a little wilted by the time they arrived at your house. Besides, "these ones" don't have much fragrance.



Then, I got a box of candy for you. Candy reminds me how you taught me to make some of the best desserts including pies, cakes and yummy cookies. But, I figured the candy wouldn't be as good by the time you got it, so I ate it ALL. Which, by the way, is another thing I think I learned from you.




I gave some more thought to what I could do for you for this Mother's Day. Lots of people nowadays like to have their mom near to their heart. So, I had a tatoo put on my ankle. This helps me to remember just how much I really do love you. But, I decided it might fade before you could see it.



I still needed to find just the right gift for you. So, I carved your name in my lawn so I could remember how you taught me to work hard and that "anything worth doing, is worth doing right." But, the grass grows pretty fast at my house and you might miss all the hard work I put into it.



And so, even though these gifts may be a little ordinary, I want you to know you are no ordinary mom. The next best thing I could think of giving you for Mother's Day is to tell you, "I am so glad you are my mother! You are the BEST!



Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT! What a great tribute to grandma! That really does take talent to mow the lawn that way! Also that better be a "Rub on" tattoo. Madilynne would freak out and say, "Well, grandma has one!" Besides what justifies you having and tattoo and almost killing Kara over her "fake" tattoo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a tribute. I don't think you should blame me for eating all the candy. Pa had a good portion of it too. How long did it take to write on your lawn? Or was it Jerry who just didn't mow so it would be taller and show up? The tattoo had better fade by the time I see it OR ELSE! All the grandkids are going to want one now just because you have one. I don't know where you got your talent to think of all the stuff you do. You can't blame me for that. Thanks again for the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! Great job! I hope your grass grows back though. And I would have eaten all the candy too. I think we all inherited that trait. Next time you get a tattoo, please call Taylor. He will do a much better job!

    ReplyDelete