Thursday, May 14, 2009

Boredom

Haven't had anything to blog about this week. For me, the week has been a bit of a bore.

That is, except we bought some hot dogs at Costco for supper (haven't had a hot dog in months 'cause I don't really like 'em much actually) and had to buy a pack of 48! Holy cow! After all, it's just me and Grandpa J. We can't eat that many unless we put hot dogs in spaghetti, tacos and pancakes. Those are our usual 3 main meal choices. We're too pooped to think of anything much else for dinner. Then, we went to buy some buns. Sheesh! We had to buy four packs of those too! I told Grandpa J we will have to eat everything on hot dog buns until they're gone. Hot dog buns don't seem to last very long in the freezer. Can't waste 'em. He said he could eat tuna fish on a hot dog bun, but there's something just not quite right about eating peanut butter and jelly on a hot dog bun.

Grandpa J's been going to a special fire marshall's conference this week, so I've been able to sleep in until 6:30 a.m. I haven't had to get him to that darn early bus that leaves at 5:30 a.m.! And, he's home by 5 p.m.! Sure does feel good!

Work's been crazy as usual. But, I'm afraid, it's going to get crazier. One of my co-workers starts chemo treatments tomorrow. She has a positive attitude and thinks she will be able to work. Her doctor tells her to expect the worst. But, my group of ladies, is stepping up and willing to help out wherever. That means a lot to me.

Grandpa J broke his glasses this morning. Thank goodness for super glue. Just wish it would hold longer than 15 minutes. So now we're going to be in the poor house buying a new pair for him. There's always something.

On a good note: I found only 3 thistles that popped up in my lawn this year. Wahoo!

5 comments:

  1. I guess the old saying that no news is good news is appropriate here. 'Tis better to be bored than something horrific happening. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should make mom's recipe for Wendy's Chili to go with all your hot dogs and buns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll send Madi by to eat your buns! She'll leave the hot dogs for you. And Joshie loves bread. Maybe we should visit just to help you eat your stuff! By the way Joshie just broke two teeth on top! That is a total of five teeth! Poor kid three in the last couple days! As for Dad's glasses hope he gets them fixed soon. He is blind as a bat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. About a week ago we made a special trip to Sam's 2 days in a row to get a hot dog for lunch. Can't take any more than that. Since when is grandpa J a fireman. He better get his glasses fixed if he wants to find the fire. He will never see it otherwise. Make something happen. Don't get bored. Life is too short.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to be bored. It happens so rarely that I quite enjoy it. Ahhh...the Costco "PLUS" size...what would we all do without it? It's no wonder that we are all a tad bit bigger than we used to be....(sigh)

    ReplyDelete