Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Just Me Time

I took the afternoon off from work today and played a little "hookey." Sometimes work just gets to me and I need a little "just me time."

Last month my visiting teacher said she wanted to do some service for me. I'm not sure why I ended up being part of her service project, but she convinced me to let her give me a facial and a peppermint head massage for FREE! She's a master esthetician (whatever that is) and knows her stuff. So, I stepped into her parlor and let her work her magic on my face. Now, work with me. You're going to have to use your imagination on this. There's no picture. But, oh my. . . it sure felt good, and for an hour and a half, I left this world.

Feeling very "lovely," I went to one of my most favorite places. The DI! I spent another hour moseying around the place and found some great treasures! I found a fun desk/vanity with a mirror and bench. Of course, I will have to paint it and recover the bench.



I also found a pretty rose plate, an Occupied Japan dish and a Lefton Japan Exclusive vase. The candle stick, two dessert cups and two punch cups will turn purple in the sun.



The last picture shows some more pretty punch cups, plates and bowls which I bought just because I liked them. All in all, my treasures totaled a mere $40.


Then, I came home and took a most wonderful nap!

P.S. I keep reminding Grandpa J he got a bargain when he married me. He just needs to give me a measly allowance of a few dollars a week for me to buy my junk and I'm HAPPY!

5 comments:

  1. Are you kidding me? Your DIs are TONS better than a HUNDRED First Mondays around here! I LOVE the little desk! SOOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so pampered! It's fun to have a facial occasionally. Hope you enjoyed it! I also love your treasures. You could send some this way

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your DI is a lot better than any thrift shop around here. Its not that good when I go to yours. I can seldom find anything worth while. I love the little desk. I have never had a facial so I don't know how good it feels. Grandpa J had better realize the bargain he got when he found you. Have fun with your goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Any time I go to DI I look at stuff but I have no idea what to look for or what I'm even looking at most of the time. Maybe I should take lessons from the master... Way cute stuff by the way. Is the head massage the one that makes it all tingly?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the treasures. I occasionally go to our little thrift store and find.....NOTHING!! I love the vanity. It doesn't look like it needs much paint. The bench probably should be recovered but it looks to be in pretty good shape. I LOVE facials. I've had a couple and wish I could go all the time (weekly). I love smooth pretty skin. I've recently discovered a small brown spot on my forhead. Whaaa! Too many sunburns in my life I guess. I need Grammy's bleach stuff.

    ReplyDelete