Sunday, May 3, 2009

Our Garden

Here's OUR garden. Nothing to brag about (like some others I know), but we have two very short rows of two-inch high peas, two big bushes of rhubarb and a few weeds doing just fine. It will be next September by the time we can harvest the peas with the rate the weather is going.

Oh, and may I mention, my thistles are flourishing out there. I can't get out with my handy-dandy backpack sprayer to kill those suckers until it warms up a few notches on the thermometer.

Maybe we should do a family co-op with the gardens this year. The Funny Farm can provide most of the produce, we'll provide the peas and rhubarb, and the Closed Hotel can provide all the artichokes we can eat. I'm counting on most people not liking peas. You see, my two little rows probably won't go too far in this family!



I might not be able to show off a vegetable garden right now, but I have some pretty flowers and trees blooming!





So, top that all you avid gardeners out there!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! The yard looks great - especially the flowers. I sure have a long way to go. Everyone beat me to planting the garden (I guess we should stop going to baseball games and get to work!!!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. I don't have any pictures of MY flowers because they are all FINISHED. I only have plain old bushes right now but they sure were pretty. Yours are gorgeous though. Good job on those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden looks like its coming along. The flowers are beautiful. Our lilacs, tulips, & daffodils were done 2 months ago. We had some peas but the weeds took over through the weed cloth Pa placed by them. The weeds are 4 feet tall and 2 inches around the stem. We thought the weed cloth would keep them out but I think it fertilized them instead. It stopped raining for a while today but is supposed to come again Tuesday. Good job on having a clean looking garden plot. Wish ours looked that good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! The yard looks fantastic! Wish my tress looked healthy like yours...the leaves are all wilted. Hey but I do have flowers still in bloom in the front and I bet your mums aren't blooming...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay... so we haven't even tilled our garden area yet, let alone planted anything, and most of our flowers are kinda yellow bushy type of flowers that grow in big bunches and DON'T GO AWAY! Does that count for anything?!!??! -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete