Monday, October 24, 2011

Saying Goodbye to Grandma Jones

We said goodbye to Grandma Jones on Saturday, October 22, 2011. We enjoyed a very nice memorial service at the church in Pleasant Grove.  The talks were wonderful and the music was beautiful, touching everyone who attended.  I was so proud of my son, Jaron who gave a great talk on the Plan of Salvation.  You can also hear my grand daughter, Adia, sing her song during a practice on my daughter's blog at http://www.lovelyladyfox.blogspot.com/ on her October 23, 2011 post. 

It was a perfect and beautiful fall day at the Rockpoint Cemetery in Maeser, Utah.  The surrounding area was so peaceful. 


Just a few of the family were able to make the three-hour drive.



Jerry, Laura, Aunt Jane and Uncle Dick visited for a little while.



Little Zoey was fascinated by the tiny toys etched onto a nearby child's headstone.



Alyza was so sweet and tender-hearted.  She picked four beautiful roses from her yard for Grandma Jones.  By the time the roses made the long ride, they were droopy and wilted, but it was so tender to see Alyza place each rose by the headstone while she paid her last respects to Grandma.
I will miss Grandma Jones.  I hope I can live worthy of her example.


2 comments:

  1. I agree. The service was absolutely amazing and Jaron's talk was awesome. So good to see family gathered and enjoy the company. This weekend made me want to be much closer to family... Figuratively and literally. Thanks for hosting the big party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a nice memorial. Grandma will be really missed. All the music was amazing and Jaron's talk was really great. I loved being with everyone. By the way, your blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete