Sunday, October 16, 2011

I Love Fall

I love fall flowers, especially the mums in my yard.
I love the red apples hanging on the trees.

I love decorated front porches.  Everybody has pumpkins on their front porch, and so do I.  I wanted to make a wreath using some dried magnolia leaves and dried artichokes from my parents' house in California, but I think I must be craft-impaired these days. I even went to the trouble of spray painting the magnolia leaves a beautiful gold.  The wreath looked absolutely ridiculous, so I threw that all out. Then I tried adding just the natural dried leaves to enhance the swag and wreath I already had.  I resorted to putting the artichokes in a basket.  They were just too "cool" to throw out. If you look closely, you can see them.  (One note:  I hot glued the leaves on the wreath and the swag while they were hanging.  I wonder how many will be glued directly to my door when I take them down?)

3 comments:

  1. I loved the part about the hot glue possibly being on your door. I can't wait to see it all in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the new design. Can't wait to see that porch in person! Looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete