Monday, July 20, 2009

Ten Reasons Why I Love Mercedes!

1. She's dang cute!
2. She looks like the Gerber baby with her curls on the top of her head.


(This is the Gerber Baby and Mercedes)

3. She (mostly) never cries.
4. She waves hysterically when she sees ME.
5. She chewed the edge of the baby bed and left permanent teeth marks. (Kind of like her signature - Mercedes Was Here!)
6. She blub-bla, blub, blub-bla's when I flip my finger on her lips.
7. She crawls like I did doing the one-armed thing.
8. She's MY grand baby!
9. She visits me at work wearing her "I Love Grandma" shirt and brings me a Diet Pepsi or leaves me a note on my desk if I'm not there.
10. She sticks her tongue out at me when I stick mine out at her.
11. She brings joy to my life.
12. We are sealed together FOREVER!

(Who can stop at just ten, the list could go on forever.)



Mercedes and Grandma



WARNING: The following pictures and video are pretty goofy. What grandparents won't do for their grand babies on their birthdays!









Note: My camera now will only do 15 second videos, so whatever we do has to be pretty fast. Also, in way of explanation of the "short distance" hugs - Mercedes only lives a "short distance" from us. We can always give her up close and personal hugs-no need for long distance ones.

We love you Mercedes! Happy Blub-blub, bla Birthday!

4 comments:

  1. Why stop at 10, let make a list of hundreds! Granted I am a little biased that way! Happy Birthday Mercedes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so precious! You can have a choir of blab, blub blahs. Watch out she might start spitting at you instead of stickin' her tongue out! Happy Birthday little Mercedes

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is that baby?! She is absolutley precious!! Great tribute Mom! Happy Birthday Mercedes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday little Mercedes. She is so cute but then I think I am biased after all she IS MY greatgrandbaby. She is the only one of the kids who didn't cry when I came around them after being gone for several months. She likes everybody. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MERCEDES!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete