Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Future is Looking Brighter

In light of recent devastating news, Grandpa J and I had to get our heads together real fast to come up with a plan for our future. We've assessed our situation and figure we will be desperately needing to supplement our income to meet our financial obligations. We looked first to what we can do quickly and make the most money fast. So here's our plan:


We'll rent out some of the bedrooms. . .maybe even parts of the basement. Grandpa J and I argued whether or not baths would cost extra.


We'll sell Grandpa J's collection of cottage cheese and various other plastic containers. I must add. . . the thought of selling his prized collection hit Grandpa J real hard, but I told him this is reality now. There WILL be sacrifices. The prices are very negotiable and open to the best offer.


I figure if the little girls in Mexico can sell Chiclets gum and seashells, so can I. However, I couldn't find any Chiclets gum, so I'll sell Smarties and seashells instead.


I KNEW there was a good reason why I should drink Diet Pepsi. I can collect the cans and recycle them. This, however, won't bring in much money at the rate I drink Pepsi, so maybe I should drink MORE!


The movie rentals have been free in recent weeks, months. . .well, for years actually! So, with the price of everything else going up. . . so are the movie rentals at my house!


Our garage is full of a lot of junk, some useless. But I figure since the kids are always borrowing a various assortment of items out of the garage, maybe we can earn some money renting out some of the tools.


And. . . last but not least, we can always panhandle. We just have to be careful on which corner we stand. The ticket price, if we get caught, is quite substantial. We'll just keeping moving around every hour or so.

10 comments:

  1. I laughed almost as hard looking at this one as I did the birthday one. At least you guys have a sense of humor in a devastating situation. I am sure things will work out for you. Just hang in there. And Sharon don't look so sad in the panhandling occupation. The ones on the street corners don't look sad. Oh yes, you need a BIG dog to sit on the corner with you. At least the ones around here do. BIGGER the BETTER. You guys will figure things out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have good sense of humor about the whole thing. Where you come up with these things is beyond me! Love it. Maybe I could rent your rooms sometime. It has been a while since I've been your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon you KILL me. Seriously Laura and I are just rolling laughing at your post. I would rent one of your movies... but I think I would end up paying more in postage than in rental.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does this mean that when we come to visit, we will have to rent a room and pay for a bath? Maybe I ought to bring my castle on wheels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Madilynne will take six smarties and a couple sticks of bubble gum. Steve will take a few cottage cheese containers. I have a great corner you could stand on to get some money! They don't even ticket you here. Maybe I could rent a room or two or three...Yeah, I could use a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT?!?!?! An entire dollar per rental? Totally unacceptable!!! I have created a donate to Jonesbuster on my blog www.dallinjones.com

    Please help us keep it free! Donate what you can, we can still stop this downward spiral!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are too hilarious! I suppose I'll take a smartie for the cause. Love the look on your face. You couldn't get any more pitiful. And we might rent a room for Christmas. We all want to see some snow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang it!! I should have gotten the tiller last week while it was still free.

    I also think as a founding customer of Jonesbuster rentals I should be grandfathered in with the free rentals! It ought to only apply to new customers. :)

    You should put a donation link on your blog that's attached to a paypal account! It only takes a few minutes and you can immediately accept credit card donations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As far as the encounters of the District Court Clerk Manager are concerned....please post a picture on your blog if someone starts growing a third arm or glowing in the dark!

    ReplyDelete