Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Back to the 80s



This past weekend we went to California to visit Grandpa J's mother who is very ill. Seeing her reminded me how precious and short life really is. I reflected on some of the fun memories our family has had with Grandpa J's mother and, in the process, it made me think of fond memories we have with our own four children. I went digging through some old photos from the 80s at my mother's and found myself laughing a little and crying a little. I want to give my dad a special thanks for adding the special effects. I'm so glad my family is forever!

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Dallin and I both enjoyed all the pictures... a couple of times, actually. We do both agree, however, that you and Jerry are wrong. Mercedes most definitely looks like her Daddy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Papa for putting that together and thanks Mom for posting that one! What a great collection of photos. I also laughed and cryed. Too fun to remember all those things. And what great fashion there was in the 80's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad you didn't find the other picture of Kallie in the swim suit. We enjoyed the reminders of the fun we had each summer when the kids came to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved those pictures Grandma. My Mom and I enjoyed watching them, so did the boys.

    Love,
    Adia Sommer

    ReplyDelete