Monday, February 27, 2012

What's In The Pantry?


My pantry isn’t anything special; it’s just a small closet stuffed with various types of canned goods, cereal, baking supplies and bread.  But, there must be something in there with magnetic powers because it seems to draw people toward it. When my kids, my daughter-in-law, my sons-in-law and my grandchildren come to my house, they head to the pantry, open the door, turn on the light and then just stand there looking.  What’s in there?  What are they looking for?

After they leave, I have to go check it out for myself.  I stand there and I look and look and look. I can’t figure out what they find so interesting.  Maybe it’s how it’s organized.  Maybe it’s so crammed with stuff, they can’t see the trees through the forest.


Well, today I cleaned it out.  What did I find?  Four bags of opened rice krispies, one package of rock hard forgotten-about red licorice, ten pounds of mints left over from my daughter’s 2003 wedding reception, six partial bags of three different sizes of marshmallows and a whole lot of orange jello.



Hmmm….I’m still wondering what it is the family is looking for in there.

3 comments:

  1. Okay. This was funny. The "staring into the pantry" thing is a strange phenomenon as is the "standing around the kitchen bar" thing. You hit the nail on the head with this post. Funny stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how many hours I have spent in front of that pantry? It sure is a fun thing to do. Lots of fun stuff to look at, plus you never know what kinds of treasure you'll find! I am relieved (and concerned) to hear others have the same tendency. Seriously funny blog post. Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Funny! And it's totally true. I drive 14+ hours and just stand there looking. Somethings wrong with that picture. Maybe you can buy fresh marshmallows now

    ReplyDelete